[Clam-devel] Pitch-Shifting steps (harmonizer related)

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 18:51:34 PDT 2007

Hi, first of all i hope you're not starting to hate me because all my
mail traffic from last days :-)
I've forgotten another thing (i'm losing my internet connection every
3 minutes and i had to write my previously mail very fast because i
did not want that parumi or someone else wasted his time with
something already solved, i really hate my ISP)

In my last patch (attached in my previously mail) i had also added an
adjust in InControl values making them relative to an equal-tempered
scale for a better (an easy) 'musical' use. I mean now every 'unit' is
equal with a semitone... then you have an octave between 0 and 11 (12
is next octave).

Question 1: I'm using 'pow' function... do you think is worth to
replace it with a fixed look-up table with 12 values? (but in this
case user would only have 12 possible values, for example: 1.00, 2.00,
..., 11.00 but nothing else, now, with 'pow' he has the option of for
example '3.15' if he needs it). I'm talking/asking about real-time
costs of that operation (i'm think not much but i'm asking anyway)

Question 2: What about to add this as default (or as a configuration)
to Pitch-Shift processing too?

cheers,
--
Hernán