[Clam-devel] doubts about genderchange prototype

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Jun 21 06:49:53 PDT 2007

En/na Hernán Ordiales ha escrit:
> About hte genderchange prototype:
> I don't know how to setup it well in qtdesigner, I've already fixed
> another prototypes copying the InControl name in the connector at the
> NE and replacing it in the ObjectName at designer, but with this seems
> no work, and here there are two buttons with only one ObjectName
> assigned...
>
> how i should configure the bool variable male/female here?
>
> before (until my patch with bounds) was:
> InControlBool__SMSGenderChange_0__Amount assigned only to female

We must leave this as is now.
The InControl__ prefix means automatically map slider with control
bounds.
On the other hand InControlInteger__ means sending the slider
values (configurable though designer properties), InControlFloat__
does some odd mapping (slider value/100), and InControlBool__
receives 0 or 1 depending on widget.troggled()

You can see how it works here:

NetworkEditor/src/prototyper/PrototypeLoader.cxx
NetworkEditor/src/prototyper/QtSlot2Control.cxx

> another doubt:
>
> i supposed that with something like this:
>
>         bool ConcreteConfigure( const ProcessingConfig& config )
>         {
>             mControl.SetBounds(0,1);
>             mControl.DoControl(0);
>             return true;
>         }
>
> I set the limits and also set-up the default value to the control, but
> isn't, default value is always the mean value between min and max.
>
> how can i solve it?

If I understand well, there is no real problem --i mean, it works--
because we are not using mControl.GetDefault(). Or do we?

But you are right, the default of such a control is not the mean.
My idea was adding some control.SetDefault(val) interface when some
functionality really needs it --which, if I'm not wrong, is not the
case.

> I'm also sending a patch setting bounds for the genderchange processing...

Patch commited on revision 10274.

Cheers!
pau