[Clam-devel] problems with LADSPA on Intel Mac

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Aug 16 02:05:24 PDT 2007

Andreas Calvo wrote:
> I've been trying to install CLAM[1] under mac os X, but it turns out
> that the wiki was a little bit obsolet and some steps are broken.
Ok, then let's take advantage of you setting up clam on mac to fix it. :)
> First, I couldn't install the "libsndfile", it reports this error:
> Command output: sndfile-play.c:489: error: 'time_in' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
Strange, I could refresh my install with no problem. This is my
installed version (also on a intel macbook). Btw, this is my version:
$ port version libsndfile
Version: 1.320
How about the other libraries? they all installed fine? (unless
libsndfile and cppunit, that is)

> Then, I've tried to install all other dependencies, but "cppunit" is
> not available neither.
This is even more strange. So you can not reproduce this?
$ port list | grep cppunit
cppunit                        @1.12.0         devel/cppunit

I don't have a clue on this but maybe it's related to newer macports
versions. If they persist, I suggest you to ask these problems at the
macports-users mailing list.

> I've also installed jackOSX, and Qjackctl for mac os x, but it crashes
> when I try to run it after configuring.
> (Following some instructions from the Ardour Mac OS X team [3])
jackosx runs well here. Version 0.74. I just installed the pkg and run
the jackpilot app.
Once started I can see this command doing ps auxwww
/usr/local/bin/jackd d -R -d coreaudio -r 44100 -p 512 -o 0 -i 2 -n
If your problems persist, please expand them.

> So I've moved into trying to install LADSPA[2], so I've needed to hack
> the makefile a little bit.
I think the link you provide only the ladspa header and the cmt plugins
suite code.
We should definitely first try using these osx compiled ones.
http://www.ardour.org/requirements_osx

Keep us informed on your progress,

Pau