[CLAM] vmqt4 and the Annotator

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:34:31 PST 2007

En/na Alex Norman ha escrit:
> Hello, Last night I downloaded the most recent stable version of CLAM and the
> Annotator.  I built clam successfully and tried to build the Annotator but the
> library libclam_vmqt4 isn't present and so the build fails.  I installed all of
> the libraries [via apt (ubuntu)] that the clam readme says I need, the clam
> install process worked, but I just see libclam_vmqt [no 4].  Any ideas what I
> should do?

from Annotator/INSTALL :
"
2. Compile the CLAM-vmqt module
    From the vmqt directory type
    $ scons clam_prefix=/usr/local
"
the vmqt directory is: Annotator/vmqt.

> Btw, I tried to use the ubuntu binary packages but I get lots of errors when I
> use the Annotator about not being able to open files, I don't have the errors
> with me right now, I'll try to send them later.

yes please send the errors. we need linux packages feedback.

> Finally, while I'm interested in using the annotator app right now to visualize
> the data, I'm wondering if it is possible to build clam without any gui, with
> just what I need to use the audio feature extraction tools, I'm evaluating clam
> for use with an app I'm building and clam takes a long time to build, I'd really
> like it if people who want to use the "bleeding edge" version of my app don't
> have to wait for 45 minutes to build my app + dependencies. (it took my computer
> [a 1.6Ghz Pentium M] roughly 40 minutes to compile clam).

the annotator app, loads descriptors, visualizes them and can launch
extractors. but these extractors are separated command-line
applications.

you can compile these extractors (and not annotator) specifying the
scons targets:

$ scons ChordExtractor
$ scons ClamExtractorExample

then execute them with -h to see its usage.

Cheers,
Pau