[CLAM] NetworkEditor building problems

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Sun Mar 11 12:27:41 PDT 2007

I resend it to the list. When I send a message to an email list, please answer
on the email list if not asked to do it private.

The answer I made is general for all the gentoo users that want to merge CLAM or
install it by hand, so it have its place on this list.

But, for further investigation in case you still cannot merge CLAM with the
ebuilds from the overlay after your system sync, the overlay email list will be
a better place to go. It is other developers here that have a deeper
understanding as me of portage, build process and gentoo/linux in general, so
it will be easier to determine if it is a problem with the ebuild, your system
or CLAM.

Le Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:29:18
+0100, Tim Blechmann <tim at klingt.org> a écrit :

> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 18:12 +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> > Le Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:48:41 +0100,
> > Tim Blechmann <tim at klingt.org> a écrit :

> > > hm ... i'm on gentoo, the qt3 is located in /usr/qt/3,
> > >
> > On gentoo, it is QTDIR="/usr" with qt4.
> >
> > I committed ebuilds for the proaudio overlay, so the easy way to install
> > CLAM is, as explained on
> > http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage
>
> great ... unfortunately the libclam ebuild doesn't compile:
>
> g++ -o core/src/InControlArray.os -c -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -fPIC
> -DCLAM_FLOAT -DUSE_PTHREADS=1 -DUSE_XERCES_TRUE -DCLAM_USE_XML -DUSE_LADSPA=1
> -DUSE_OSCPACK=1 -DCLAM_MODULE='"core"' -Icore/include -I/usr/qt/3/include
> -I/usr/local/include core/src/InControlArray.cxx
> core/include/CLAM/OSCControlDispatcher.hxx:46: error: expected class-name
> before ‘{’ token core/include/CLAM/OSCControlDispatcher.hxx:46: warning:
> ‘class CLAM::OSCControlDispatcher’ has virtual functions but non-virtual
> destructor core/src/OSCControlDispatcher.cxx: In constructor
> ‘CLAM::OSCControlDispatcher::OSCControlDispatcher(CLAM::Network*)’:
> core/src/OSCControlDispatcher.cxx:40: error: no matching function for call to
> ‘UdpListeningReceiveSocket::UdpListeningReceiveSocket(int&,
> CLAM::OSCControlDispatcher*
> const)’ /usr/local/include/oscpack/ip/UdpSocket.h:140: note: candidates are:
> UdpListeningReceiveSocket::UdpListeningReceiveSocket(const IpEndpointName&,
> PacketListener*) /usr/local/include/oscpack/ip/UdpSocket.h:136:
> note:
> UdpListeningReceiveSocket::UdpListeningReceiveSocket(const
> UdpListeningReceiveSocket&) scons: *** [core/src/OSCControlDispatcher.os]
> Error 1 core/src/InControlArray.cxx: In member function ‘void
> CLAM::InControlArray::Resize(int, const std::list<std::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >,
> std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
> std::allocator<char> > > >&, CLAM::Processing*)’:
> core/src/InControlArray.cxx:72: warning: comparison between signed and
> unsigned integer expressions scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> !!! ERROR: media-libs/libclam-0.98.0 failed.
> Call stack:
>   ebuild.sh, line 1614:   Called dyn_compile
>   ebuild.sh, line 971:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
>   environment, line 3015:   Called src_compile
>   libclam-0.98.0.ebuild, line 104:   Called die
>
> cheers ... tim
>
> --
> tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
> http://tim.klingt.org
>
> The composer makes plans, music laughs.
>   Morton Feldman

The CLAM ebuilds have been tested only on x86. They also have the ~amd64
KEYWORD, I add it after a discussion with another dev, but it doesn't have been
tested. So, what is your arch?

A problem I get was at, as libclam have a lot of dependencies, it need a very
coherent system to be able to compile. So please run

emerge --sync
emerge --update --deep --newuse world
emerge --depclean
revdep-rebuild